Tuesday 17 May 2011

Tracey Emin 'Love is what you want' Exhibition Hayward Gallery..

Recently at the Hayward Gallery in Southbank there is a Tracy Emin's exhibition happening. Tracy Emin is one of Britain's most celebrated contemporary artists of all time, her exhibition shows her work and covers  work over the period of her career. There were many collections of work by Tracy, paintings, drawings, photography, textiles, video and sculpture. Her work consists of many different emotions she maybe feeling or has experienced over time. She piants in blocks of colour sometimes blocking out all of the detail but somehow her artwork still seems alluring to the focus of the eye. I didnt know what to expect of this exhibition but every bit of research counts in the world of art, however it was quite interesting I find that even if an artist covers an area of art in a style or technique that's not best suited to your style its still beneficial to find out a bit about their work and the story behind it. Tracy Emin was a new experiance for me and I can't see me using any of her techniques in my own work but I did like the show and definately think she is an artist to refer to in future references.

No comments:

Post a Comment