Tuesday 17 May 2011

Literal.eyes Exhibition- London Miles

Literal.eyes is a current and recent exhibition being held in Shoreditch of 30 European artists that have recreated the works of literature into visual masterpieces. I absolutely loved this exhibition, not only was theartowkr my type of style and interest but it was good to see more new and young european artists as theres so much talent in this world to see but not enough time. Some of the most popular and well known London based artists and illustrators had their work at this exhibition and it was wonderful. Not only are the pieces contemporary and urban they told a story about the artists and how they got to where they are today with their painting, the skills and techniques in which they learnt and the covers of books in which they first learnt to master the works of great literary masters across all generations. I felt this exhibition has helped me a lot in my development and planning for printmaking, I have also been able to look into street art in more depth and starting to develop my own unique style of urban drawing! U no what they say practice makes perfect!..

No comments:

Post a Comment