Tuesday 17 May 2011

Semester A- Printmaking Exhibitions and Outings...

When taking an artistic course, exhibitions and galllery trips are a must for one thing, research. Research in Art is vital for many different things. Not only for the artist information but in access to support your own work as well as introuce others to new artists work and styles. The most important thing I would say about having a variety of different research is not the inspiration you recieve to develop new ideas but the way that you are promoting a new artists work for them by attracting new members to their styles and appreciating their style of work, time and effort. One of the first exhibitions I attended when first joining my printmaking course was 'British Art Now' at the Saatchi Gallery in Sloane Square, London. The exhibition had many amazing and unique types of work and I particularly liked how modern the Gallerys Style is. The work presented at the time was by contempory artists from all over the world, and it was wonderful  to see how many different medias were used of work down to, textiles, digital technology, sculptures and many more. One of the reasons I really liked the Saatchi Gallery was because the work that was in the exhibition at the time was what I would call  'modern and upcoming'. The styles used by the artists was exactly the type of Art I love doing and seeing, It was good seeing something original as after a while it can seem repetive the more galleries you go to. As my first time at the Saatchi Gallery I highly rate it as my personal opinion and if you are interested  the modern, urban, street side of Art I definately reccommend checking out the Saatchi.  To give you a little taste of my Saatchi experiance, Ive chosen some of my favourite images of artists work that I saw, feel free to look through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment