Tuesday 17 May 2011

Semester B- Bridget Riley- Paintings and related work at the National Gallery..

Whilst shopping and exploring London and being an Artist you can't help but pop into a few galleries and check out what exhibitions are going to be on, the National Gallery holds some of the most attracted exhibitions from tourists all over the world to little primary school children. It has some of the most imspiring and beautifully created master pieces by some of the oldest artists. Bridget Riley is quite a comtempory abastract artist she produces some of the most amazing patterns and optical illusions that you can't help but sit in pure silence hypnotised by the shapes and movements that one piece of artwork can actually show. I have found that going to an exhibition of Bridget has allowed me to find out much more about her as an artist and also given me a wider picture on her style of work, shes quite inspiring for printmaking I found and I have started expreimenting with little drawings and collages so I can produce a made illusional print.


No comments:

Post a Comment