Tuesday 17 May 2011

Fourth Plinth- Six New Ideas

Fourth Plinth Exhibition was a fairly small and collectecd type of scene based in central London near Trafalgar Square. It was the first time that I had visited and it was quite unusual from other exhibitions and galleries ive been too. There was a small selection of work on show and most of it looked quite random but 'trippy' in the sense that you wanted to read and find out about each piece that was on show as you wondered why they were all grouped together for this particular viewing. The style and approach of the artists work present in the exhibition was very different from the work in the Saatchi, I liked the idea of all the varieties to chose and look at in the Saatchi where as for fourth plinth the work was limited. However I did find some of the pieces interesting for different uses in my work. I didnt feel that any of the work in fourth plinth could benefit me in my own work but it helped as research and broaden my knowledge on new artists. Check out some of the images I posted of the work I thought was effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment