Tuesday 17 May 2011

Tate Modern- Gabriel Orozco

There really is no other Art work like it, when I can across all the advertisements in the undergroundandon London buses of 'black and white patterned skull' I was even more intrigued to find out what was so unbelievely 'big' about this artist I had never heard of. My journey to the Tate Modern appeared to be well worth it as unravelled the talent behind Gabriel Orozco's artwork. This exhibition was like no other ive ever been too it was exciting! I didnt know anything about this artist as i'd never heard of his work until this exhibition, I now feel previlaged to know the works of a wonderfully, talented artist. Orozco expressses his artwork in strange and unique ways, ways in which are alluring to any viewer. I found that with the work presented in the exhibition each had a different and new story of its own that often screamed out at you, the type of work I like artwork that makes a statement and Gabreil definately ticks all the right boxes in this category! I like how each piece of artwork you looked at and read about looked different on every other occasion you looked at it, exciting and motivating artwork that could never be displeasing or boring. Overall really happy that I made seeing Gabreil's work on show at the Tate as I don't think I could have asked for a better way of finding out about a new Artist. Some of most favourite pieces have been posted for you guys to enjoy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment