Thursday 8 December 2011

After One Long, Summer's Break.. :)

After a long a well deserved summer break, I am back and ready to share some of the best highlights of my holiday, to the Amalfi Coast in the south of Italy. Being from an Italian background and culture, visiting Italy is not that new to me anymore, however this year I had the advantage of spending two weeks at the breathtaking Amalfi coast, whilst on my travels I came across some of the most beautiful Art galleries and pieces of Art. I was amazed at all the beautiful creations that were surrounding me and felt finally in my comfort zone as most things were visually interpreted in an artistic and cultural way. Amalfi, although being well- known small fishing village is,  famously known for a variety of things,  and one of the most popular and stunning is their passion for the Art of Ceramics. In every little village near by,  as the whole of the coastline consists of many little fishing villages surrounded by immaculate blue and green seas, was almost a story delicately painted and depicted on some kind of ceramics. From souvenirs, to vase's, to plagues, kitchenware and anything else you could imagine. I was truly inspired by my visit and loved how artistic and creative every village was in it's own way. Its about appreciating all types and tastes for Art work, and trust me I would recommend a visit to the Amalfi coast to anyone that's interested in Natural Beauty and the ability to show delicate detail through Creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment